13/02/2014

Animal Crossing... 6 Months Later


For my 18th Birthday, I got Animal Crossing New Leaf. I was unprepared for just how much I would become absorbed in the life of a mayor. 6 months later, and 330 hours played, I think I may need a bit of a holiday.

This is MOI as Batman obviously.
When I first entered my town of Howlett by train, I was unaware of what was ahead of me. Being forced to become mayor of a town filled with animals was the last thing I expected. It happened anyway.  After I planted the town tree, my journey had just begun.

Following that, there was days of trying to get the approval of my villagers to actually get some things built in my town. The last 1% of the 100% I needed, was forced with a nice threat on the noticeboard. After that, I could finally get some mayor stuff done.

With fishing and catching bugs to get me some dollar (or bells) I was making my way up the property ladder by expanding my house. With island trips as well to catch beetles and fish or some sharks, I was soon rolling in the bells.

Being charmed by a sheep

But after about 2 months, I was starting to get bored of life in Howlett, so I left it for about a week. Then, disaster struck. My favourite villager Curlos (a rasta sheep) was moving out. It broke my heart. Obviously I wasn’t doing a good enough job keeping him happy and stuff. From then on, I vowed never to go a day without playing on Animal Crossing.

That’s when they captured me. I was a slave to a game filled with talking animals. Not a day goes by when I don’t go on for 10 minutes to 3 hours to get my errands done and keep my villagers happy. I still miss Curlos. No-one could ever replace that void.


But life goes on in Howlett. With an enslaved Mayor Nat being told what to do by a Shi-Tzu named Isabelle.  But the overload of cuteness that greets me when I’m either sleepy-eyed when I wake up first thing or late at night keeps me going. Worth every second of the 330 hours I’ve played.

No comments:

Post a Comment