15/02/2014

Top 3 Ellen Page films


After Ellen Page's inspiring speech at the HRC “Time to Thrive” conference promoting the welfare of LGBT Youth, I decided to explore some of Page's best films.


Playing a 15 year old paedophile hunter this is one of Page’s first prominent films and she plays a blinder. Her performance is amazing for such a difficult subject. But with some torture scenes this film is not for the faint hearted.








2. Juno

Now everyone’s heard of Juno, which is Page’s most successful and memorable role. With the perfect balance of comedy and drama, Juno is the ideal film to watch on a rainy day. Page’s portrayal of Juno Macguff with plenty of sarcasm and comedy make the film what it is.








1. Whip It

With a near flawless cast of women (Kristen Wiig, Drew Barrymore and Eve) this film adds up to an amazing comedy that revolves around the thrilling action of roller derby. Ellen Page pulls off the rebellious Babe Ruthless to a T. With such a unique topic, this makes for an intriguing film which shows off Page in one of her finest roles.







I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered. And I’m standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of all that pain. I am young, yes, but what I have learned is that love, the beauty of it, the joy of it and yes, even the pain of it, is the most incredible gift to give and to receive as a human being. And we deserve to experience love fully, equally, without shame and without compromise." - Ellen Page

No comments:

Post a Comment