19/02/2014

8 Album Reviews Part 1.

Buying physical copies of albums is kind of an obsession of mine and until I have 500+ I wont be truly happy with my collection.
Until I figure out where I will store and get the money to buy 500+ albums, I'm going to review the last 8 albums I bought to help build that collection.

To avoid a track by track review where everyone's bored by the third song, I've limited myself to a 140 character- Twitter style review.

File:Justin Timberlake - The 2020 Experience.png

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience (2013)

A great record. Kudos to JT on his song-writing skills and vocals. 
However the songs are inconveniently and unnecessarily TOO long.

Recommend tracks: Let The Groove Get In, Blue Ocean Floor
File:Gorillaz Demon Days.PNG

Gorillaz - Demon Days (2005)

From the moment you press play it's like you've entered a whole new world. 
You can't help but chill to the vibes that the Gorillaz provide.

Recommended tracks: Feel Good Inc, Last Living Souls,  El Manana 

File:Christina Aguilera - Stripped.jpg

Christina Aguilera - Stripped (2002)

Vulnerable, raw, passionate, empowering, fun.
Incredibly at the time of recording this album Xtina was only 21.
A pop album classic.

Recommended tracks: Walk Away, Get Mine Get Yours, Dirrty, Infatuation, Unappreciated. 

Avril Lavigne - Let Go (2002)

A good effort from then - 17 year-old Lavigne.
However some of the songs sound the same and are about the same thing with a different title.

Recommended tracks: Complicated, I'm With You, Mobile



No comments:

Post a Comment