26/03/2014

Friends Series 1 | Rewind

"So no one told you life was gonna be this way (clap clap clap clap)".
Friends is undoubtedly one of the most popular sitcoms ever made, everyone has got to have watched at least one of the 236 episodes in their lives, and know the words to theme song off by heart. 


Although its hard to believe, Friends is now 20 years old and the last episode ever was aired in 2004. So to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the show (and because I have nothing better to watch now that I have finished the complete collection of Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives and The Inbetweeners) I am going to review season 1 and 10 to see if any of my thoughts have changed on each of the Friends.





Rachel: Before revisiting Friends, Rachel was the least funny and most annoying one out of the group for me. But to my surprise in series 1, she's funnier than I had originally thought! So be it, she's materialistic, vain and shallow but overall Rachel is one of the best characters out of the Friends.


Monica:
Hit and miss. Probably the most forgettable one out of the group. That's possibly due to the fact that her storylines haven't been that memorable either in this series. I'm excited to watch on and see how/if my thoughts change of her.


Phoebe: My favourite. I love she causally puts things that others would be afraid to say out there, like revealing (more than once) that her mom killed herself and her dad ran away. The songs she sings are just genius like the one in episode: 'The One With The Birth' where at the hospital Phoebe sings:

They're tiny and chubby and so sweet to touch,
and soon they'll grow up and resent you so much.
Now they're yelling at you and you don't know why,
and you cry and you cry and you cry.
And you cry and you cry and you cry and you cry...


Joey: Hilarious. Joey is a character that will guarantee that you laugh in each episode.


Chandler: Well one things for sure, I could not be friends with Chandler. He's an unbearable character. I love sarcasm, in doses, but being sarcastic all the time is just not funny, it's annoying and makes me want to switch my box-set off and not watch the show. What's even more unbearable about Chandler, is that every time he cracks one of his wise guy "jokes", Matthew Perry who plays Chandler always smirks or looks like he's about to laugh.


Ross: Ross is an endearing character and he has to be, having a son by his ex-now-lesbian wife. Unlike Chandler, Ross knows when to be sarcastic and when not to be. He's also quite funny too.




Watch Again? I would watch again yes, but I'd give it another few months before I do that. And besides, I have the rest of the seasons to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment